YouTube is the most famous video-sharing app in today’s time. But this wonderful app comes with a lot of limitations. One of which is not being able to download videos for offline use. Because of some network connectivity issues or country restrictions, you may not get access to all the youtube videos. With the help of some tools, you can download youtube videos for later watch. Below we are providing you the list of tools that will help you to watch downloaded videos offline for free.
Mac and Windows have different approaches to downloading videos.
iTubeGo Video Downloader
iTubeGo is an absolutely delightful video downloading tool for youtube. It converts the video in the most common formats like MP3, MP4, AVI, MOV and many more. It converts the video and download clips in full HD,4K, 8K from Youtube. This tool supports almost 10,000+ video sites. You can use it to download videos, playlists, channels, audios, interviews etc.
Follow the steps to download the youtube video of your choice:
- Download the software here.
- Get done with the installation.
- Double click on the icon on the desktop.
- Click on the Paste URL button available there.
- A dialogue box will appear on your screen. In the dialogue box, paste the URL you want to download. Later, click on the ‘download’ button to download video files in High Definition. The process of download will start. Your video will appear in the downloaded section, click on the play button to watch your youtube video.
Also read: Best Video Downloader For Chrome Extension
Video DownloadHelper Firefox Extension
Video DownloadHelper is a very popular browser extension that enables you to save YouTube videos to a local drive. A very safe answer to how to download youtube videos. It provides smart naming of the clips that you are going to save. This free application lets you manage multiple downloads at the same time. However, Chrome doesn’t allow any direct extension for youtube download videos. Hence, you have to use Firefox or other browsers.
Follow the step ahead:
- Download Firefox Extension.
- Open the video on Youtube you want to download. Play it for a few seconds.
- Double click on the DownloadHelper Extension icon to open the app.
- Video DownloadHelper supports a wide range of formats, including AVI, WEBM, MP4, and more. This extension also provides you various options for downloading videos like ADP 1280 x 720, 176 x 144 low, ADP 854 x 480 and 480 x 360 medium WEBM, etc. Click on the option you feel most suited.
- File will be downloaded and saved in C:\Users\Computer name\dwhelper.
VLC media player is a famous open source media player. It comprises a wide range of video compression methods. This tool supports most of the video multimedia formats like Audio CDs, DVD, and VCDs.
Here are the steps to follow in order to download youtube videos through VLC player:
- Go to the Youtube website and enter the name of the channel you wish to download. Copy the URL of the video.
- Double click on the icon of the VLC media player on the desktop.
- Go to the media option and click on the Open Network Stream option.
- A page will be seen with a text editor in it. Paste the copied URL of the Youtube video. Click on the play button.
- Go to tools and click codec information. A new window will pop up on the screen. Copy the entire information from the location textbook, present at the bottom of the page.
- The next step is to copy-paste the URL into a web browser of your choice. And then enter. Right-click on the video select ‘save video as’ and rename it for your PC or laptop.
One thing to keep in mind while downloading the youtube video is that it doesn’t support resolution more than 1080p. If the video is of higher resolution that it won’t convert to another preferred format. So make sure to check the resolution of the video you wish to download through the VLC player.
How to download Youtube videos on iPhone?
The process of downloading youtube videos is different depending upon the Apple OS you are currently using. If you are using iOS on an iPad, iPod touch, or iPhone, then you will require to follow this process.
On the iOS system, an app called Documents needs to be installed. It is a type of file manager, which can be used to download video clips as well. This can be a little confusing but once you get hold of it, it is pretty straightforward.
Firstly, you have to look for the clip you like to download in the application for iOS. After this, tap on the share icon. Now, copy the URL by tapping on the Copy Link icon.
Now open documents and find a web browser icon and tap on it. Paste the address of the YouTube video in the text box, choose your desired quality option, and your clip will start downloading.
When the download is finished, it will appear in the downloads section of Documents. You can drag it over Photos > Camera Roll in order to use it outside the Documents 5 app.
Features to look for in Youtube download tool?
- Video quality: The converted file should have standard video quality for good viewing. It may range between low, medium, or high. It is better to choose video resolution like 720p, 360p, 1080p, etc.
- Subtitles: Many people like to watch clips in different languages. In this case, YouTube premium can be used to download clips with subtitles.
- Batch Downloading: In case if you want to download the entire YouTube channel, it is better that you check the batch downloading feature to save your time.
- Multiple File Format Compatibility: YouTube video downloader you choose should have various options like MP4, MP3, FLAC, and more. It will give you more flexibility.
- Built-In Video Editor: Many times, you like to watch songs in the middle of the video. At this point, you require video editing functionality. You may want to view a particular song in the middle of a video or edit out a specific portion of a film. You can try out a converter that comes with a built-in editor.
- Speed: The software should be able to quickly download and convert any video. The download times must not be highly affected by fluctuations in the wi-fi and internet connectivity.