Everyone loves to play online games until some trouble occurs. One of the most famous games, Call of Duty Modern Warfare is loved by all. It has numerous players around the world. But there’s no denying that online games get tons of errors.
For example, like in CDMW, you encounter the Disk Read error, fatal error, and 100% CPU power exhaustion error. Moreover, some error codes that occur quite frequently are; Dev error 6071, 6328, 6165, 6068, etc.
These Dev errors crash the phone resulting in a black screen or game crash. Dev Error 6068 definitely needs to be fixed; to avoid such fatal while playing.
The Dev error 6068 is seen with a message showing “DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error”. It even tells you how to get service support. So what does Modern Warfare Dev error 6068 mean? It absolutely indicates that there’s something wrong with the game or your PC.
In simple words, your game settings are too high for your device. Besides, you don’t run the game as an administrator. However, there are other factors that can trigger the error 6068. What can you do when receiving the Dev error 6068 Modern Warfare? Here are some methods you can try.
Method 1: Run call of duty as Administrator
The first solution to try is to run the call of duty as an administrator. This method has been proven useful for many Dev Errors including 6068.
Follow the steps if you’re confused about how to do it:
- Open the Battle.net launcher and click on the Call of Duty window.
- Now, click on the Options tab on the right side of the window.
- From the drop-down menu, click Show in Explorer to move forward.
- Find the Call of Duty file and right-click on it(the file containing the .exe extension) in the Call of Duty folder, and then click Run as administrator from the drop-down menu.
- Launch Call of Duty Modern Warfare and play it to see if the Dev error still appears. If it is present already, then move on.
Method 2: Deactivate the NVIDIA Overlay
The Dev error 6068 can also be caused due to overlay features with features. Programs like Nvidia’s GeForce Experience, AMD Overlay, and Game Bar have all features, which can be the cause of the error 6068.
Additional software like performance monitoring software applications is also responsible for Dev error 6068 Modern Warfare.
For programs with overlay features, you need to deactivate them to fix the issue. Here, take Nvidia’s GeForce Experience for example.
- Exit Call of Duty and end all its related processes through Task Manager.
- Launch GeForce Experience.
- Click the General tab, on the left side of the window,
- Find the In-Game Overlay option and set it to Off status.
- Save the changes made and exit the GeForce Experience.
Method 3: Run SFC/DISM commands
Some corrupted OS files associated with DirectX can also cause the Dev error 6068. Moreover, the Windows built-in utilities (SFC and DISM) can help you solve the error by repairing corrupted system files. Read the following commands to fix the error:
Steps for SFC
Step 1: Type cmd command in the search box. And then right-click Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator.
Step 2: In the next window, type sfc /scannow and press Enter. Henceforth, the program will automatically scan and fix detected corrupted system files on your computer.
Steps for DISM
Step 1: Open Command Prompt as administrator.
Step 2: In the pop-up window, enter the command DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /restore health and hit the Enter key. After that, the DISM program will run automatically.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How do I fix Dev error 6068?
Ans: Fixing any error for a non-tech can be a bit confusing. To top that there is no exact procedure to fix bugs if found. However, restarting your PC can fix many errors including Dev error 6068. Follow the steps below in case you still face problems regarding the error 6068:
- Update the GPU’s driver of your PC.
- Use call of duty with proper admin rights.
- Configuration of the game with DirectX 11.
- Select the option for Exit Battle.net.
- Windows 10 should be updated.
- Adjust VideoMemoryScale.
- Scan and repair options should be selected.
- Underclock your GPU.
2. Why do I keep getting Dev errors in modern warfare?
Ans: Whilst there is still no official word from Activision about what causes the problem, it’s believed that Dev Error 6034 happens when Modern Warfare files become corrupted or unreadable. A clean reinstall of the game is known to fix the issue, but there’s a much quicker solution to alleviate the problem.
Here’s a guide to the full process:
- Open the Modern Warfare or Warzone installation folder
- Locate and delete the following files: .patch.result, .product, vivoxsdk_x64.dll, Launcher.DB, Modern Warfare Launcher.exe
- Now, open Battle.net
- Select the Options’ dropdown
- Then run Scan and Repair on Modern Warfare and/or Warzone
- These deleted files will now be replaced with working ones, and you can play Warzone again.
To prevent this problem from returning, make sure that Warzone downloads are uninterrupted. Leave your PC on until the download is complete, and avoid pausing and resuming the download when possible.
3. How do you fix Dev errors in the warzone?
Ans: The ce-34878-0 error seems to be one Activision is aware of and has a range of possible fixes. It’s a general crash error code and often means something else, other than the game itself is wrong. So try all the steps below to fix the issue: