Video Downloader is an extension that can be installed for video downloads in the browser. The first question that pops in our head is if it is legal or not. So make sure you go for those extensions only approved by Google itself. To save your time in this mayhem research, try these three best video downloader for chrome extension:
FBDown Video Downloader
- Priced at absolutely free of cost.
- Around 1 million users all over the world.
- Rated around 3.5/5 from trusted users.
- Video sources supported: Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter, DailyMotion.
This extension is not limited to only FB videos download. You can download videos from all across the web. It is absolutely free. But there is only one drawback is that it does not download YoutTube videos.
After installing, click on the downloaded arrow on your chrome and you will get the list of video download options for that video. However, the FBDown Video downloader displays both the thumbnail image of the video and the filename. This makes it easier for the user to identify the video of his/her choice. There is also an option of downloading video through URL pasting.
You don’t get a lot of choices with the format, and when you choose to download a video you’re taken (in a new tab) to a download page—the extension is a portal to the web functionality. FBDown has said the company’s servers don’t keep download histories of their users or track their behavior.
FBDown is easy and practical to use, well-reviewed, doesn’t ask for any weird permissions or close abruptly, and doesn’t seem to interfere with or slow down browsing.
- Priced for free use.
- Around 390000 users in the world currently.
- Video format supported: Vimeo, Twitter, Facebook, and DailyMotion
- Rated for 3.8/5 in terms of reviews
This chrome extension works best for all the video sources. Except for the YouTube video downloads. But it comes with an additional advantage that can be used to cast a video to DLNA- enabled TVs. Making it the best video downloader on chrome.
You also get options in terms of file type and format when you download. However, it has a limited option from the FBDownload. vGet Extension does not provide any thumbnail option for the video. But you do get something better than that. Scroll down the list of available videos that come up when you click the extension icon, and as you mouse over each one, the video on the page is highlighted and marked with the download icon.
- Absolutely free for use.
- One of the highest-rated chrome extensions. 4.4/ 5 rating.
- Supported video formats: Vimeo(through the web), YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and DailyMotion.
SaveFrom.net is best for Youtube download. You may find the extension to be a bit completed to install. But once you get done with it, it is the easiest way for downloading youtube videos. You can download them directly from Youtube or from the history or the browser. Savefrom is not available on the Chrome web store. You have to install a separate extension that enables this one. You cannot download any other videos through the extension but the website does. Bookmark the website for later use to download videos.
- Go to the official website and install the Chameleon Extension. That helps you plug addons like opera into chrome.
- Add https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/savefromnet-helper/
After the setup, all you have to do is click on the youtube video to download.
This tool has limitations as compared to others. Obviously, you cannot download videos from the google chrome extension. So it is suggested to get Savefrom along with vget or FBDown at the same browser. However, they don’t interfere with each other’s function and do the job separately.
How to download videos from YouTube?
We all know how difficult it is to download videos from YouTube. The parent company of youtube also owns chrome, so obviously, they want users to be more invested in one platform. Let’s make it clear that we won’t find any best video downloader for a chrome extension to download Youtube videos.
YouTube Premium, formerly YouTube Red, offers offline playback as part of the $12/month subscription package. This functionality is also available in some countries with a standard YouTube membership. Depending on what you want to download videos for, YouTube Premium might be just the answer you’re looking for. It gives you complete access to YouTube Originals, YouTube Music, YouTube Kids, and ad-free YouTube access.
But YouTube’s offline playback doesn’t solve all the problems that might have caused you to need a downloader in the first place. For instance, you can (obviously) only use it on YouTube. And it’s only usable on mobile devices since you need to have the app. If you want to compile video playlists from multiple sources, or cut and remake your own videos, you’ll need another solution.
Freemake is free and web-based. To use it, get it in a browser tab.
Just drop the URL into the bar on the website and click for download. It takes a few seconds to convert the video and download it as an MP4. you can also change the format, with the most common options available on the home screen.
Frequently Asked Questions FAQs
- How do I download a video extension in Chrome?
Ans: Visit the Video Downloader Professional extension on the Chrome web store. button once open. Click Add extension. appears in the top-right corner of the window.
- What is Video Downloader Plus?
Ans: Video Downloader Plus – The fastest and easiest way to download any video from any website.You only need to click on the icon of the extension in your Chrome browser and within seconds you will begin to download the video to your PC, The extension is fast and easy to add to chrome browser.
- Is Video Downloader Plus safe?
Ans: The extension is very easy to use. You only need to click on the icon of the extension in your Chrome browser and within seconds you will begin to download the video to your PC, the extension is completely free, safe, fast, and easy to add to the chrome browser.
- How do I download a video from a website on Google Chrome?
Ans: How to download streaming video
- Open Developer Tools. From the page where you want to download some things, go into your chrome menu to open the developer tools.
- Monitor Network Traffic.
- Identify the video transfer.
- Identify the Request URL.
- How do I download a video from the education app?
Ans: How do I download videos to my Android device?
- Download and open the PRO EDU Photography Education app on your Android device.
- Navigate to the video you want to sync/download within the app.
- On the video of your choice, tap the offline sync button to start downloading the video or videos to your device.
- How can I download videos from Google Chrome to my phone?
Ans: Download a file
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app.
- Go to the webpage where you want to download a file.
- Touch and hold what you want to download, then tap the Download link or Download image. On some video and audio files, tap Download.
- How can I download a paid video app?
Ans: Once you’ve subscribed, the app will display a Premium logo. Click the Save icon on a video on your iOS or Android phone or tablet and select your video quality: Medium (360p video) or High (720p)—some offer a Low (144p) option. Grab a whole playlist if you desire. The icon turns blue after the download is complete.
- How do I restore my downloads on Google Chrome Mobile?
Ans: Enter your Google account and you’ll see a list of everything that Google has recorded of your browsing history; Scroll down to Chrome Bookmarks; You’ll see everything that your Android phone has accessed including Bookmarks & app used and you can re-save those browsing history as bookmarks again.
- How do I stop Chrome from blocking downloads 2021?
Ans: To Stop Chrome From Blocking Downloads in 2021?
Step 1: Open the page from where you want the download to take place.
Step 2: Click on the three dots on the top right corner and click on Settings.
Step 3: Go to Privacy & Security from the left menu bar. …
Step 4: Click ‘More’ from the right panel of Privacy and security.
Step 5: Toggle off the switch mentioning ‘Safe browsing (protects you and your device from dangerous sites).’ This step stops the browser from blocking downloads
Step 6: Go to the tab from where you wanted to download the file. And you will be able to download the file you have been looking for.
Step 7: Once the file is downloaded, visit Settings > Privacy and security and toggle on the switch once again. It will make sure that you do not get into any other malicious sites.
And with these steps mentioned above, you can stop Chrome blocking automatic downloads.
- Can websites track your downloads?
Ans: A new website that keeps track of everything you download from file-sharing sites could spell trouble for the scores of people who steal copyrighted music and movies. When you visit the site, it automatically scans your IP address and reveals what, if any, files you’ve downloaded.